Salem Street Cemetery

145 Salem Street

Salem Street Cemetery, a 4.5 acre cemetery established in 1832.  Much of the land was owned by the First Baptist Church, prior to the church relocating to the corner of Salem St. and Main Street.  

The Cemetery was expanded to reach Salem Street in 1865 according to town financial reports, and again in 1869 to bring the  total the acreage to 4.5 Acres.  The oldest known gravestone is that of Mary Alice Pickering,  October 4, 1832. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notice the Funeral Home in the background of the picture below.